One of the FAQs that I get is: where can I get access to Linux on Z? Depending on what you want to do, there are several options:
- LinuxONE Community Cloud hosts two free offerings:
- If you are working for an Independent Software Vendor (ISV) there are several options available from the Dallas ISV center:
- Travis CI (summary on developer.ibm.com) – free plan for Open Source projects
- In IBM Cloud there area also several services available running on Linux on Z. These are all presented under the umbrella of “IBM Cloud Hyper Protect Services“.
- Hyper Protect Virtual Servers – this is not a complete virtual servers, but rather a pretty powerful container (direct IBM cloud link). As of February 2020 you can get small servers for free!
- Hyper Protect Crypto Services – access the System Z High Security Module in the cloud for key management (direct IBM cloud link)
- Hyper Protect DBaaS – they offer PostgreSQL and MongoDB EE right now
- Proof of Concept with IBM. Please contact your IBM rep for that.