One of the FAQs that I get is: where can I get access to Linux on Z? Depending on what you want to do, there are several options:
- LinuxONE Community Cloud hosts two free offerings:
- If you are working for an Independent Software Vendor (ISV) there are several options available from the Dallas ISV center:
- In IBM Cloud there area also several services available running on Linux on Z. These are all presented under the umbrella of “IBM Cloud Hyper Protect Services“. The different offering are at various stages between experimental and production:
- Hyper Protect Virtual Servers – this is not a complete virtual servers, but rather a pretty powerful container – still in beta
- Hyper Protect Crypto Services – access the System Z High Security Module in the cloud for key management
- Hyper Protect DBaaS – they offer PostgreSQL and MongoDB EE right now
- Proof of Concept with IBM. Please contact your IBM rep for that.