Today September 12th 2019 IBM announced the new generation of mainframe called IBM z15. Planned availability date is September 23, 2019. And of course they also announced LinuxONE III. Like the z14 ZR1 this machine now also fits into a standard 19″ rack. And it’s significantly faster and has more capacity than z14.
- LinuxONE III
- IBM Z comparison table – really good comparison to previous versions
- Large Systems Performance Reference for IBM Z
- New version of the Principles of Operations
- Linux testing ongoing for:
- RHEL 6.10, RHEL 7.7, RHEL 8.0
- SLES 11.4, SLES 12.4, SLES 15.1
- Ubuntu 16.04.6, 18.04.1.
- Details will be available later here.
- Distribution certifications:
- z/VM (6.4 and 7.1 support)
- Data Privacy Passports