On September 7th 2017 eleven months after the last service pack SUSE has released the latest updated to their flag ship server distribution.
The kernel level for 12.3 is kernel-4.4.73-5.1. So the major kernel level stayed the same, which allowed for a large amount of bug fixes to be included.
Here is my usual summary of links to more information:
- Complete SLES 12 documentation
- SLES 12.3 release notes (s390x version)
- z Systems / s390x specific information (including all the new features)
- release notes for High Availability Extensions (z Systems / s390x version)
- release notes for SDK (z Systems / s390x version)
- SUSE tuning guide updated to SP3
- Whitepaper on SUSE’s module concept
- IBM documentation on developerworks