On November 3rd 2016 Red Hat released the next regular update to their flag ship operating system.
kernel level for 7.3 is kernel-3.10.0-514.el7.
Here is my usual summary of links to more information:
- Complete RHEL 7 documentation
- RHEL 7.3 release notes
- RHEL 7.3 known issues
- RHEL 7.3 kernel CVE and bugfix documentation
- RHEL 7 installation guide
- RHEL 7 installation guide for z
- RHEL 7 performance tuning guide
- IBM documentation on developerworks (7.2 version)
- RHEL limits
- RHEL lifecycle with the end date for the Extended Update Service (EUS)
- RHEL7 package list
From a Linux on z Systems perspective the major enhancements are in the tool chain. The compiler can now can exploit the SIMD instructions of z13.
Also in September Red Hat achieved EAL4+ / common criteria certification for RHEL 7.1: