Nine months after the last release Red Hat has announced the availability of RHEL 6.5. The kernel level is now kernel-2.6.32-431.el6, for the main bug fixes see the kernel update description.
As usual there are the release notes and the technical notes
in two separate documents. For System z this has been a mainly a fix release. Only a few small enhancements have been added all described in the technical notes. Here are some of them:
- s390utils bug fix and enhancement update
- opencryptoki bug fix and enhancement update
- adapter resiliency for crypto adapters
- fuzzy live dump
- support for large EAV volumes for installation
- Linux perf tool support for hardware performance counters
- VEPA mode support
The IBM documentation for RHEL 6.4 on developerworks still applies for this release.