Red Hat has announced the availability of RHEL 6.4. The kernel level is now kernel-2.6.32-358.el6, for the main bug fixes see the kernel update description.
As usual there are the release notes and the technical notes in two separate documents. For System z besides the usual preventive bug fixes also some interesting features have been made available:
- FCP end-to-end data checking
- s390utils enhancements
- Storage Class Memory aka Flash Express support
- Support for the Transactional-Execution Facility in zEC12
- Crypto Express 4S (CEX4S) adapter card support in z90crypt
- libica enhancements
- improved compression performance for zlib. Details can be found here.
The IBM documentation for RHEL 6.4 for System z is on developerworks.