Ever wondered why your Java application is not running as smooth as it should in a virtualized environment? There are multiple reasons for this and so Steve Wehr gives some explanation for this in this new whitepaper. This isn’t a complete answer and not everything is black and white but it should get you started. The topic covered in the paper are:
- Why is Virtualization a Problem for Applications?
- How to Waste CPU in your Java Application
- How to Waste Memory in your Java Application
- Best Practices for Java Applications in Virtualized Environments
- Employ Strategies that Encourage Efficient Application Design for Virtualization
Of course there are other “performance bugs” as well, but from what I see in may daily work running applications in a virtualized environment with shared resources will make those bugs visible.