There are regular Live Virtual Classes (LVC) for z/VM and Linux on System z. Watch the site to register for upcoming classes. There are also replays available for the older classes for z/VM, Linux on System z and z/VSE.
Here are the latest classes from 2013. The title links to the charts, the “replay” to the full replay.
- How to surprise by being a Linux Performance “know-it-all” – replay
This class covers some of the more advanced performance tooling on Linux on System z
- Linux on System z Disk I/O Performance – Part 1– replay
- zEC12 Performance Update – replay
- zFCP Performance Analysis – replay
This class covers the details of the ziomon tool suite on zLinux to analyze FCP performance problems. This tooling is the way to go for in depth analysis of problems but it is not intended for everyday monitoring. There the syssstat tool suite is certainly the better approach.
- Live Demo – z/VM Live Guest Relocation – replay
- z/VM 6.2 Performance Update – replay
- Running Linux-HA on a IBM System z – replay